Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!!

I know Halloween in Canada was yesterday but I didn't have time to post yesterday! Man this month is going pretty fast. I can't believe it's November already......that means a month or so until my birthday!



Guess what??! For the first time in my life (I think), I went trick or treating!!! I had sooo much fun!!! I know, I have no life but my parents don't like Halloween but this year, they let it go. My siblings were pretty psyched. I didn't dress up but my siblings did. They went as pirates. I was "supervising" them and I ended up trick or treating wih them. I got my own big pillowcase full of candy. I was really happy about that! Heheh......chocolate....... (drools)



At my school yesterday, there were pretty interesting costumes. One teacher dressed as a lego person. His costume was made out of card board and I'm kicking myself because I didn't take a picture of it. But it kinda looked this.



His outfit was painted Black and green to match what he was wearing. I'd say, it was probably my favorite costume this year.

Also my best friend's costume was pretty downright awesome. She dressed up as the MC from some musical. I forgot what it was called. She had this sweet suit with tails (I love tails!), a sweet hat and a cane! I loved it!! Her makeup was really cool too!!! > x <

I didn't dress up of course and I wore normal clothes that day but my friends kept calling me Kirby because I wore a pink sweater and jeans. I am not Kirby!! I'm not fat!!! But I am cute. Haha!

I know I haven't been posting very often but I have my reasons (argh, school). I practically live in my room (that is really true) studying for some test, taking a nap from the lack of sleep, reading a novel that has to be read for school or........doing homework and some other stuff. I don't have time to read manga or watch very much anime. I'm sad and a failure for an otaku!!

*Ahem*.....That aside, other than school getting into my way, I somehow manage to get some time to read manga and watch anime. I think staying up late watching Hikaru no Go is the reason why I'm tired today......(shrugs shoulders). Or maybe just studying for another science test. I have so many of those. I hate science.....

It also snowed for a bit yesterday!! I love snow!!! I wish it would snow tomorrow.....

What is wrong with being an Otaku? Geez.

Anyways, I have running been around and debating on watching the anime for so long. I know Hikaru no Go has been around for a long time and I am one of those people who hasn't watched it yet. If you are surprised, please don't look like that. (If not, just skip this part) I bet there are some people in the world who haven't heard of Naruto, Bleach, Inuyahsa and some other popular manga's in the world. It's true! I met a person who- wait a second.......no that's a lie. Nevermind. Just ignore that last comment.



Have you met people who have heard of the manga/anime and never read/watched it? Well, I'm that type of person. I have heard of Gintama and +Blood but I have never read the manga or watched the anime. There are quite a bit of them but I won't go on. The list may be endless. Most of the time, out of a whim, I would try to watch the anime or read the manga.

File:Hikaru no Go.jpg

Title: Hikaru no Go
Author: (Story) Yumi Hotta and (Art) Takeshi Obata (Artist of Bakuman and Death Note)
Genres: Shonen, Fantasy, Comedy, School life, Supernatural
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: (Anime) Completed and (Manga) Completed

Summary: (mangareader.net) After stumbling across a haunted Go board, irresponsible Hikaru Shindo discovers that the spirit of a master player has taken up residence in his consciousness. In his pursuit of the Divine Move, Fujiwara-no-Sai awakens in Hikaru an untapped interest and genius for the game, and soon the schoolboy is chasing his own dream--defeating the famed Go prodigy Akira Toya!



I just love the anime! I just started on two (or a couple? I lost track) Sundays ago (I stayed up until 2 am, no joke) and I'm currently on epsiode 14, 15......around there. If you think that isn't alot, I watched that many on Sunday. I had sooo much homework. I'll let you think for a second on how much 14-15 episodes on Sunday was well, good and bad in a way.

Try watching an anime while studying for a science test. Pretty Hard. Staying up until 2 am. Pretty late for me.

Hikaru No Go 1 - Page 3

Anyways, I'm really addicted!

So far (I'm at like episode 16), I think that the anime has so much potential, inspiration, comedy and a whole bunch of things! I'm really in love with the art. I think it's really cool!! It gets better and better! I couldn't believe that the artist was Takeshi Obata. I was like, "Your my hero!" I really love his art alot!

I was looking at some video's and images of Hikaru no Go and I spotted older Hikaru!!!
Oh. My. Gosh.

The man is hot. He may look pretty average but he is not too bad. Too be honest, when I saw the picture, it partly made me decide to watch the anime until the very end. I know, I'm weird. Also the storyline partly also made me want to watch the anime until the very end.

The storyline is really interesting and unique. I'm really intrigued by the game of Go. Of course I have never heard of the japanese game Go until this anime. I wanted to know alot more about Go so I kept watching.

File:Go board part.jpg

The game Go is really interesting. I'm slowly getting what the characters are sorta doing but most of time, I have no clue what the heck they are doing. The game is pretty confusing......but I just go with it and pretend that I know how they are playing the game for now.



Title: Alice in the Country of Hearts, Hearts no Kuni no Alice
Author: (Art) Soumei Hoshino and (Story) Quinrose
Genres: Fantasy, Comedy, Shojo, Adventure, Action, Romance
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 16+ Older Teen (Honestly, there is nothing wrong with it)
Status: Ongoing

Summary: (from Tokyopop) Wonderland is offically at war! And Alice is trapped in the middle of it all. Will she make it out alive? A little arrogant, stubborn, and determined to get back home, Alice isn't fazed by these challenges....until she discovers that every man is gun crazy and weirdly in love with her. What's going on in Wonderland?!



First of all, I got intrigued by the art and two, the part where it said guns I was like, "I'm going to try it". I am pretty a violent person. Also the part where it said, Wonderland really wanted me to read it. I'm really fond of the story of Alice in Wonderland. I was pretty excited when I heard there was a manga form of it. Also there's a movie!! WAH! I'm going to totally watch it!! > o <

The story is quite interesting. I sorta had a feeling like there would be some kind of reverse harem in this manga. I get pretty freaked out when the guys are like in love with her. I get curious why because usually guys you just meet never fall in love with you in an instant. I can understand if only one guy would but a whole bunch? That's pushin it. In total (I'm estimating) the girl meets about 7-10 guys and they happen to fall in love with her.

Anyways, I really do recommend this manga if you like the mix of violence and romance.

The art is really good!!! I'm in love with the guys (of course) and the clothes, I really love! I love to use it as a reference when I draw clothes.

Arigatou~!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any manga/anime to recommend me, comment! If not, just comment anyways! They are always appreciated!