Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Just gotta love Shojo Manga's!

I have tons of shojo manga's to recommend and my list is endless! I had time to do a couple after work. I'm so tired!



Title: Crimson Hero
Author:
Genres: Romance, Comedy, Slice of Life, Shojo
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Ongoing (It's going to kill me!! > x <)

Summary: (mangareader.net) All that matters to 15-year-old Nobara Sumiyoshi is volleyball-she is an awesome player with big-time ambitions. But sometimes it seems like a girl just can not get a break in the competitive world of high school volleyball. Nobara's family wants her to inherit the role of young mistress, serving rich patrons at her family's old-fashioned Japanese restaurant. No thanks! When Nobara transfers to Crimson Field High School, known for its top-notch volleyball team, it turns out that her mother will stoop to dirty tricks to keep her off the court. With assistance from her feisty Aunt Momoko, who is got some connections at Crimson Field, Nobara decides to start playing offense.



I really enjoy the storyline! At first I couldn't bear to read this manga because of the art but I got over that and I ended up falling in love with it. I really admire all the characters determination and their love for volleybal. It's really amazing and very heartwarming!!

The art......gets better of course. I don't mind it. But I think it really suits the manga so I have nothing against it. The guys are pretty good looking too. Hehe......


Title: Haruka~ Beyond the Stream of Time, Harukanaru Toki no Naka de - Hachiyou Shou, 遙かなる時空の中で ~八葉抄~
Author: Tohko Mizuno
Genres: Romance, Comedy, Shojo, Fantasy, Action
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Ongoing

Summary: (wiki) On her walk to school, ordinary Kyoto High school student Motomiya Akane hears a voice calling to her from an old well in an abandoned historical estate. The voice is that of the oni leader Akuram, and Akane finds herself summoned into another world that resembles the city of Kyoto during the Heian Period (approx. 800-1200 C.E.). Here she is asked to be the Ryuujin no Miko, a legendary figure who possesses the power of the gods. Akane is told that she must defend this world, called Kyou, from the encroachment of the Oni Clan before she can return home. Fortunately, her school friends Tenma and Shimon are on hand to help her out and along with six Kyou natives they become members of the Hachiyou a group of specially chosen men who act as the Miko's protectors.


This manga/anime is so great! For some reason it reminds of Inuyasha because Akane is sent back in time and she hears a voice in a well. Kagome from Inuyasha, uses a well to go to transport back in time whenever she needs too. I found out about this manga when I started reading the shojo magazine, Shojo beat. Since then, I have been addicted to the characters and storyline. I'm frustrated because I can't most of the chapters!

I really love the art! The guys are utterly hot! I must master the style.......Akane is really cute! Typical shojo character she is. She is totally lucky.....she has so many hot guys hanging around her. > 3 <



Title: Rasetsu
Author: Chika Shiomi
Genres: Comedy, Romance, Fantasy, Shojo, Action
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Completed

Summary: (mangafox.com) Rasetsu Hyuga is an exorcist who works in an agency where she uses her powers to banish evil spirits.Theres a story behind the red flower - shaped mark on her chest. Left by a powerful demon who said he'll come for her on her 20th birthday unless she finds true love.

 

The art is pretty sexy and hot! The story is brilliant!!! The manga is a squel to Yurara. I haven't read it before and I definetly will because of there were some references from Rasetsu to the manga Yurara.

I become really attached to each of the characters.....they are just so cool and funny! The manga is really romantic........sniff sniff......its so amazing!!! >////<

Arigatou~!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any manga/anime to recommend me, comment! If not, just comment anyways! They are always appreciated!