Thursday, August 4, 2011

Manga/Drama Recommendation: Mei-chan no Shitsuji

Today was my second day working at Mcdonalds (my first day was on Tuesday) and I found out that working at Mcdonalds is fun! I don't care what you people think, as long as I have people I know, get paid and have fun. I enjoy working at Mcdonalds. You know what? Being Cashier is kinda difficult. I love getting orders to people like getting the french fries and whatever but Cashier is hard. There are so many buttons!! Sigh......why are there many buttons????

Anyways, I bet you want to read something about manga and dramas. Here!

File:Mei-chan-banner.jpg

Title: Mei-chan no Shitsuji, (メイちゃんの執事, Mei-chan's Butler
Author: Riko Miyagi
Genres: Romance, Shojo, School life, Slice of Life, Comedy
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Drama Completed and Manga is ongoing

Summary: (from Wikipedia) The story revolves around a young woman named Mei, who was rescued as a young girl by someone calling himself her "butler." With only a vague memory, though, the experience seems like just a dream. But one day, after her parents' accidental death, he appears: Rihito comes from a line of outstanding butlers, and he has been appointed to serve her!

Now her ordinary life has completely flipped, as she discovers that she's actually the heiress to a fortune, and is forced to transfer to St. Lucia Girls' Academy, where all the students have butlers! As a result, her childhood friend Kento decides to enroll in a butler school so that he can stay close to her.



Main Cast!

Mei Shinonome- Nana Eikura
Rihito Shibata- Hiro Mizushima (known to play Minami Nanba in the Japanese drama, Hana Kimi)
Kento Shibata- Takeru Sato



Of course I like the manga better than the drama but I say that the drama is pretty well done. Of course the drama has its cheesy parts and skipped parts but I like it. The actors acted out very well, close to their characters. 

Mei-chan no Shitsugi 1 - Page 2

The art in the manga is just adorable, cute and awesome. The guys are just hot. To be honest, I like Kento better in the manga....he looks alot more hotter to me. I still like the real life one but still.

Mei-chan no Shitsugi 5 - Page 4

The thin lines are so beautiful. The girl eyes are soooo cute and detailed!! The guys.....I have nothing to say but.....they are extremely hot!!! KYA!!! > x < I really love the art!!

The story is really good, it has its twists and surprises which are good. I couldn't stop reading when I got to a certain part. I ended finishing reading the manga.....I'm still waiting for stupid chapters!! They are taking too long!!!

Mei-chan no Shitsugi 6 - Page 5

I think the butler thing is pretty interesting. I really hate this one character right now.....grrr......anyways! I get frustrated with Mei at this certain point. If only she would look at Kento too. Sigh......I would take you Kento!!!

Mei-chan no Shitsugi 7 - Page 4

The characters are enjoyable and fun. I love all the supporting characters! They make the story happen. It allows character development. I just love them! :D

On April 22, 2009, Mei-chan no Shitsuji was awarded for best drama and Takeru Sato was awarded for best supporting actor at the 60th Japanese Drama Academy Awards.

Arigatou~!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any manga/anime to recommend me, comment! If not, just comment anyways! They are always appreciated!