Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Manga of the week! Gekkou Teien

Gekkou Teien 1 - Page 6

As you know, I LOVE Gender Bender's. I was extremely happy when my best friend recommended it to me. Especially when the guys are really hot in the manga, like this one. ^_^



Title: Gekkou Teien, Moonlight Garden
Author: Ooya Kazumi 
Genres: Romance, School life, Gender Bender, Comedy, Shojo
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Completed

Summary: Kanou Yuuki is a girl brought up as a boy. She lies about her gender to enroll in the Drama department in the all boys school, Getsuryou academy. Yuuki stays in a dorm with her childhood friend, Touma. She loves the subject and she studies acting very hard. However, during that process, a guy named Riku Nakahara found out her true gender. Of course Yuuki became very worried but she also became more attracted to him (I would to, believe me).

At the same time, Yuuki finds out why her family brought her up as a boy.



The storyline kinda reminded me of Hana Kimi. But the main character, Yuuki in Gekkou Teinen went to the school because she loves acting. In Hana Kimi, Mizuki went to the school to convince Sano to jump again. Of course they will at least fall in love with a guy there and they would have to stay in dorms. Also.......there is at least ONE guy who thinks that they are gay because they have fallen in love with a guy but he is not. They don't know that the guy is actually a girl. Sigh, I love it. :D

Gekkou Teien 4 - Page 3

Anyways, I love the storyline! Ah, Shakespeare! The characters in the manga act out Shakespeare! I love it! :D I have no complaints about the storyline! It flows and slowly characters are introduced and their stories come in. Its not rushed. Comedy comes in at the right time and it never ruins the mood. The romance development was ok. It didn't go too fast and certainly not too slow. Man, the way Riku says things......it makes my heart melt!!!!


Riku: "I'm....already at my limit" (I totally knew what's goin on. If you don't, I feel sorry for you)

Me: O////O "OH MY GOSH!!!" (heart melts)

Of course he is saying that to Yuuki but......ARGH!! If only manga guys were real.........(I totally need a life :D)

Gekkou Teien 6 - Page 2


The art is.............soooooooooooooo beautiful!!!!!! The guys are sooo hot!!! The eyes are....so intriguing!!! I want to draw like that.....^_^

Well the ending was the best and really beautiful. You HAVE to read it!!!

Arigatou~!!

1 comment:

  1. There are guys out there like in manga... Real life guys. Heh.

    ReplyDelete

If you have any manga/anime to recommend me, comment! If not, just comment anyways! They are always appreciated!