Sunday, July 10, 2011

Summer Edition- New Anime! YAY!

If you read my post from last week or recent ones then you would know that I was at camp for a week or so. More like 3-4 days. Anyways, if not, now you know why I haven't posted anything in a while. I was at camp! Now you know!! :D

Can I just tell you what happened at camp?? Believe me, it was pretty interesting and scary at the same time. Guess what it was?????????

...........



I can't wait for you to reply so I'll just say it anyways! ^_^ There was a Tornado about 30km away from the camp I was at. All of us at the camp was casually getting dinner (man, the cooks were sooo good at cooking food.........I never starved!!) and then suddenly one of the leaders camp came in and started yelling out (not quite yelling out but somewhere near that), "Everyone get to the Multiplex right now! No questions, just go!" Of course I went, running with everyone else and yeah.


Here's the catch, one person from out group was missing. I would say, that practically scared me the most. She was pretty young and everyone didn't know what was going on because the leaders didn't tell us anything yet! Thankfully, we found out missing member and the leaders told us what was happening. Apparently a there was a Tornado about 30km away from the camp. It traveled 15km an hour. I must admit I was pretty freaked out because this was the first time I experienced something like this and yeah, the sky looked pretty scary but cool.

It started to hail when we were in the building. About 5 minutes later, the hail balls got bigger. They were like, baseball sized. It was pretty funny and interesting. :) You know what else is interesting? The camp on the other side of us had to stay in the bathrooms because that was the only concrete building there. I felt sorry for them but they were safe which was good.



We ended up staying in the Multiplex for about 4 hours. I was happy to have dinner in there. We had roast beef and mashed potatoes! I love mashed potatoes!!! :D

Well anyways, when I got home I immediately ate rice (I'm Filipino and I eat rice everyday and I kinda missed eating rice), took a shower, unpacked, took a nap then went on the computer. I'm pretty happy that I finally have the time to go on the computer! ^_^

When I was on the computer, I found out that there was many new animes that just came out. So here is some that I watched that caught my eye. I just watched them yesterday and some today. I might watch more so I'll post more after I finished watching them.


Title: Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi, A Dark Rabbit has Seven Lives
Author: (Story) Kagami Takaya and (Art) Asahina Shiori, Kamiya Yuu
Genres: Romance, Fantasy, Seinen, Action, Horror, Comedy, Supernatural
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: (Gore, Scary Upskirt, didn't you just read "Seinen"?, etc) 16+ Older Teen
Status: Ongoing

Summary: (animeseason.com) First year high school student Kurogane Taito is a disillusioned youth. He has thrown away the belief that hard work and effort will be compensated. Now, he simply exists as the days pass him by. However, there is something that he has forgotten. A stolen memory of a girl, a pact, and a curse. Nine years ago, the young Taito had met Saito Himea, the eldest vampire, and made a pact with her. Now, Taito's memories are about to be restored, and he will remember the girl which has been kidnapped and kept imprisoned for the past 9 years, waiting for him to free her.



I first thought this anime would turn into those "one guy and many girls" thing but apparently not. I can just tell by the art that this anime will have some kind of mature atmosphere to it. I was freaking out at the beginning. What are two little kids doing by themselves when one of them is saying that she isn't goin to suck his blood but inject poison in him?! Seriously, which one would you rather have? Get sucked or get injected with poison???

I'm sorry if you don't know what I'm talking about. I'm trying to do a proper review. I feel like my reviews are not long enough so.......I'm going to do it properly! :)
Well back to the subject. The art really impressed me. I know its a seinen style but man, the guys are extremely hot. I love their hair!! The expressions are very visible and readable. >Gasp!< You know what I love about seinen animes??? (No, not the pervertness, I'm only a pervert when it comes to hot guys :D) I really really love the way the eyes are. The blend of colors.......the brightness, cuteness and darkness.....I really love it!!
Kinda like this....
Every seinen anime I've seen had at least a wimpy guy with glasses. I'm not a big fan of seinen anime's because you always see girls with over sized breasts, panties and nude shots. I'm just sayin.

The storyline is........alright. Its not the best I've watched. Belive me. There is always a guy and a girl. Seinens usually have girls that have powers and grant them to the boy they want or love. Seriously, its always the same. The dude has a 'secret power' and apparently he doesn't know that. It kinda reminds me of Dog Days but the main character in that has already unnatural unhuman qualites. Sorry if I don't make sense......I'm trying my best here.

Overall I kinda enjoyed the romance and the blood spraying thing. I'm a pretty violent person. Anyways, I'm curious how this will turn out.


Title: Mayo Chiki!, まよチキ!, Mayoeru Shitsuji to Chikin na Ore to (迷える執事とチキンな俺と) The Wavering Butler and Myself the Chicken
Author: (Story) Hajime Asano and (Art) Seiji Kikuchi
Genres: Romance, Gender Bender, Comedy, School life, Seinen
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 16+ Older Teen
Status: Ongoing

Summary: 17 year old Subaru Konoe is a normal highschool guy. His normal life was changed when he found out the secret of one of his classmates butler is actually a girl.



I don't know how I got into this. I guess when I read the summary- 'and he figured out that he is actually a she', I was curious.

Apparently its still about a guy and many girls with big breasts. If only the girls didn't have big breasts.......it scares me. I know I'm a girl but really? That is totally pushing it. I mean the art is great and all its just it sorta does scare me.

The story is.....whatever. Why is it always a wimpy guy with glasses?? Jeez. I still like the comedy and gender bender part. Thats all I have to say.


Title: No. 6
Author: Atsuko Asano
Genres: Sci-fi, Josei, Action
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Reading Direction: Right to Left (Manga is serialized in magazine)
Status: Ongoing

Summary: The story takes place in the future (2013 I believe) in a city called "No. 6". On his 12th birthday, Shion a boy who is extremely smart (high elite since the age of 2), raised in a elite and privileged enviroment, never expected to take in a runaway prisoner (I think, it seemed like it. Sorry if I'm wrong). After treating his wounds, Shion learns more about his new friend. His name is Nezumi (Rat in english translation). Without knowing it, meeting Nezumi changed Shion's life forever.



I love this anime!!! I guess this is the first Sci-fi anime I actually like. The beginning started out predictable but it wasn't rushed. Not too many characters are introduced and the plot and climax slowly develops. I love how they explain things later and there is not alot of things going on. The art is really good. The animation is really cool! I have nothing bad to say. But.........I want the second episode to come out!!!



Title: Bunny Drop, うさぎドロップ Usagi Doroppu
Genres: Comedy, Drama, Josei
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Anime Ongoing and Manga Completed

Summary: After arriving to his grandfathers funeral, Daikichi learns about his grandfathers illegitimate six year-old daughter, Rin. The mother is unknown but all Daikichi knows or sees is that the girl treated as an embarrasement and an outcast by his relatives. Without thinking and annoyed by his relatives attitude towards Rin, he declares that he will be the one to take her in. Wait a second......Daikichi is unmarried and he has no experience with raising a child. How will this turn out?

File:Usagi Drop Cover.png

So far the anime is pretty cute and heart warming. Just to tell you I've only seen the first episode. I find it really touching. The storyline I find, is pretty intriguing to me. I would never expect a 30 year-old man to take in a six year-old kid. I was curious of how it will turn out.

The art is simple which is nice. The opening is kinda long which is kinda annoying but that didn't really affect the storyline or art.

File:Usagi Drop movie poster.jpg

I heard a movie is coming out for Usagi Drop. I think thats pretty cool. I'm getting excited.......I want to see it! Its coming out on August 20, 2011 in Japan. I'm really curious now......


Title: Sacred Seven, セイクリッドセブン, Seikuriddo Sebun
Genres: Action, Fantasy, Shonen, Sci-fi
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Ongoing

Summary: 17 year-old Arma Tandouji is a lonely high school student. 3 years before he sent several people to the hospital. Now many people avoid him. His home life is lonely too. With his parents gone, he is alone.

One fateful day, a girl named Ruri Aiba and her butler shows up at his home asking for help. Apparently Arma holds the power of the Sacred Seven. They need that power to take care of the bad guys called Darkstones. Of course Arma turns them down because with his power, he doesn't want to hurt people ever again. However when the city is attacked by a monster, a Darkstone, Arma is forced to fight the monster. But his power goes crazy and out of control that Ruri has to help him.

How did Arma get the power of the Sacred Seven? What are Darkstones?? More importantly, who is Ruri?


I swear, the art is pretty similar to Code Geass. The side views and sometimes the expressions of the main character reminds me of Lelouch.Well kinda but you get it. Arma also has a freaking glowing eye like him! 



Also the anime uses Mecha suits. Not only there is a guy with powers but Mecha suits?! Isn't that alittle much? There is already Magic, Maids, Butlers, Action and cool explosives but.........Robots??? Really?! I know they are all pretty cool but I think they kinda mushed things together in just one episode. I think its a bit too much. If they could at least lay off on one thing I think it could have been a bit better. Its just too many things that happen in one thing just ruins it.

I'm not complaining about the art though. I just love it. Are the guys hot? Check. Cute girls? Check. Animation cool? Check! Its almost 3-D like. I love it!!!! I love the effects......



The story is pretty interesting and I really enjoy watching this. I may say some bad things about this anime but I can't help but just enjoy and smile while watching this anime. The 2nd episode just came out and its better than the first. Many things are revealed. It wasn't as fast and high paced as the first episode but better I think. I don't care what you people think, I'm not a hard critic and as long as I enjoy the anime and it has a good enough story line with good enough art, I will enjoy it. I hardly have anything bad to say. I highly recommend you to try it out!



Title: Mawaru Penguin Drum
Genres: Romance, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Supernatural
Status: Ongoing

Summary: (Wiki) A terminally ill girl named Himari Takakura is miraculously saved from death by a strange spirit who resides in a penguin-shaped hat. However, in exchange for extending her life, the spirit tasks Himari's brothers, Kanba and Shoma, to seek out an item known as the Penguin Drum with assistance from a trio of strange penguins.



..........The storyline.......is interesting. Kinda sad and touching. I got confused if Himari was their sister but she is. The art is good. The guys are pretty hot. I love the penguins!! They are extremely cute!!!!! I LOVE THEM! :D

I want to see the next episode!!! The first episode.......why did Kanba do that?!?! If you don't know what I'm talking about well, try watching this anime. Its cute but a bit confusing in the beginning.

File:NatsumeYuujinchou1.gif

Title: Natsume Yuujinchou San, 夏目友人帳 Natsume Yūjinchō, Natsume's Book of Friends
Author: Yuki Midorikawa
Genres: Comedy, Supernatural, Drama
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Ongoing

Summary: (mangafox.com) Natsume's just an ordinary kid, except he can see spirits, just like his grandma Reiko could. Reiko, though, used to bully the spirits, and bound them to her will in the "Book of Friends". Now that Natsume has inherited this book, a never-ending stream of spirits is coming after him. With the help of a spirit "cat" (who really just wants Natsume to die so he can have the book), Natsume spends his days dissolving the contracts that bind the spirits and trying not to get killed.



There 2 other season before this one, Natsume Yūjinchō and Zoku Natsume Yūjinchō. Too be honest, I have never watched the first two seasons. I haven't read the manga and I want to. I love the storyline and the art.

Arigatou~!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any manga/anime to recommend me, comment! If not, just comment anyways! They are always appreciated!