Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Gender Bender madness!!!

I absolutely love gender benders! They are simply hilarious!!



Title: 1/2 Prince
Author: Yu Wo (Story) and Choi Hong Chong (Art)
Genres: Gender Bender, Romance, Comedy, Action, Shojo, Adventure, Fantasy
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Ongoing

Summary: In the year 2100 AD, humans have invented a popular game called "Second Life" Feng Lan bet against her brother that she can beat him the game without the help of her feminine charm. Feng Lan is the only person in history that did not use her real gender in the game. She gains alot of popularity for her looks and skills. Will anybody figure out that she is actually a girl?



This manga......is soo good! I love how its funny and yeah.......I love the fact that the mangaka made the story around a game. Its quite interesting and caught me by surprise. I never someone could do something like that. I really enjoyed the characters, art and story. My favorite character is the Meat bun! You will find out who I'm talking about if you start reading the manga! Why can't the chapters come out faster?!



Title: Charisma Doll
Author: Erika Kurahashi
Genres: Gender Bender, Romance, Comedy, Shojo
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Completed

Summary: Sara is the ever popular singer, Sala. In order to sell her music, she kept a secret about her gender from the world. Will her idenity be found out?


Very predictable but still ok. For an old manga I give the art 5 out of 10.



Title: Ice Revoloution
Author: Tsutsumi Aya (Story) and Takemura Youhei (Art)
Genres: Gender Bender, Comedy, Drama, Shounen, Sports
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Ongoing

Summary: Oosawa Masaki is the daughter of a dojo manager. For her whole life karate was the only thing she did. It turned her into a total tomboy, not caring being a girl at all. One day she accidentally bumps into a young boy who introduced her into the sport called Figure Skating. How can tomboy Masaki turn into a lady on the ice? Is it possible to transform her?



This story just makes me want to freak out because of its awesomeness!! I love figure skating and this the first time I've ever read a manga like this! It is simply a master piece for me. The art is amazing and the story I really love!



Title: Hana No Kishi
Author: Nishikata Mai
Genres: Gender Bender, Romance, Comedy, Shojo, School life
Age Rating: 13+ Teen

Summary: After the death of her older brother, Ran Kurono hid the fact that she is a woman and devoted her life and skills to protect Sei Ohtori, and become the first Knight of the next head of the Ohtori family. However other Knights come and fight Ran in order to take that position and Sei is being tested if she is the suitable head of the family. This is was when they both entered Saint Locks Academy. Things were going smoothly for Ran until she met Sei's finance, Ibara Tennou.



Two words: Totally Awesome! I love this manga!!! I really recommend this to people who love gender benders and action and romance!

Arigatou~!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any manga/anime to recommend me, comment! If not, just comment anyways! They are always appreciated!