Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Manga Recommendation: Eyeshield 21

Sorry for not posting as often.......I'm either busy or just extremely lazy. Anyways, I have been running out of recommendations to recommend to be honest. Well I think have alot more but........anyways! While looking for this video on youtube, I came across this anime: Eyeshield 21. I had no idea what it was and the video or song I was looking for was the ending this anime. If you are wondering what the song I was looking for, it was called Flower by Back-on. I love the Japanese Band Back-on! :D


After listening to this (I fell in love with the song), I immediately wanted to try watching this anime! I really like this anime even though it is a sport kind of shonen anime but hey, I don't really care that much on genres! As long as they are not mature animes and have great art and have a story line then I will watch it!


Title: Eyeshield 21, アイシールド21, Aishīrudo Nijūichi
Author: Riichiro Inagaki (Story) and Yusuke Murata (Art)
Genres: Sports, Shonen, Comedy, Action, Drama
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Status: Completed
Age Rating: 13+ Teen

Summary: Sena Kobayakawa is a weak and non-assertive boy. He enters Deimon Private Senior High school. Before High school he was constantly being bullied. He was made to run errands for people using his unnaturally good running skills. He was always saved by his childhood friend Mamori Anezaki. Because he has been a go-fer since he was little, he has decided to change himself when he entered Deimon High School. Sena's running ability soon caught the eye of football captain, Yoichi Hiruma. He forces him to join the football team. Will Sena take this opportunity to change?


I really have to admit, I have misjudged this anime. I thought the art would turn out bad and the story would be poop but now watching it......I think its extremely awesome, cool and epic!!! :) I normally don't watch sport kind of animes and yeah, I'm totally hooked on it! The art is really not bad and the story is full of adventure, fun and inspiration. I actually learned something about Football!
Picture from here
Eyeshield 21 is full of really interesting characters. Just like the manga/anime Air Gear, the characters are full of energy and enthusiasm. The main character Sena kinda reminds me of Tsuna from Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Sena is weak like Tsuna and pathetic too. Well Tsuna isn't great at when it comes to athletics and school work but I think Sena is better than Tsuna. But they both have the same determination and goals. Also they both are pretty EPIC! ^_^



The one character that caught my eye was Hiruma. He has interesting character.....he is awfully mysterious because he has his ways of getting things and well he carries guns with him so he is very violent. He may seem scary but he is actually kind. I love him! He is really funny!! :D



Arigatou~!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any manga/anime to recommend me, comment! If not, just comment anyways! They are always appreciated!