Monday, June 4, 2012

Yaoi Challenge Day 14: Would you be seme or uke

////0_0///// WAH! I'm blushing so hard right now!! > x < I seriously don't know!

If this is your face, please leave...... :P

First I have to clarify some things first. I'm pretty sure I have said what an uke and seme is but if you haven't been reading my posts or any yaoi, then here, I will explain it to you. I'm not going to go into great detail because well, I don't want to scar anybody who just happened to stumble on this post.


The Uke is basically the bottom in a gay relationship. In situations, he is the smallest one and technically makes sex easier because he is smaller. But in several manga's I've read, the mangaka decides to bend that. It makes the reader confused but think very hard. Its pretty funny actually! The literal japanese translation of uke is, (you wanna hear it?!) the receiver. If you are a very sick minded person like me, you will understand that term very well. Haha! :P

Yuki from Koi Ja Nai Kedo is the Uke!

They really love to sterotype people. Most uke's are usually weak and cute. Yuki from the yaoi Kirai Janai Kedo, is more of the tough guy with glasses. He is on the student council and has alot of pride. This is when the seme would come and destroy the wall and make him only react to him. I just love the semes!
Anyways, the Seme is the dominant person in the relationship. He is usually bigger (yeah, he tends to be bigger down there two > u <) than the uke and does all the loving and.......eating. The literal japanese translation for seme is the attacker. Hey, do you want to know the term yaoi is actually called? I looked it up!

Shinonome from Koi Ja Nai Kedo is the Seme!!

Yaoi stands for, Yama nashi, ochi nashi, imi nashi (山[場]なし、落ちなし、意味なし) which is "No peak (climax), no fall (punch line/denouement), no meaning". I can totally understand! Most yaoi manga's only focus on the sexual aspect and have no plot whatsoever. I feel like a perv..... :P


Oh! One more thing, here is the fangirl version of what Yaoi stands for: Yamete, oshiri ga itai (やめて お尻が 痛い, which is "Stop, my ass hurts!" Hahahaha!!! > x <

I found this on tumblr!! :D

Real Life: Assume straight until proven gay.
Tumblr: Assume gay until proven straight.
**Anime: Assume Gay even if proven straight


As a normal girl I am, I went to my gay friend! I asked him if he would uke (bottom) or seme (top) and he told me it depends on the situation. If the guy was bigger, he would be the uke. If his boyfriend was smaller than he is, than he would be the seme in the situation.


I don't know........don't think I'm weird but I think I prefer the bottom. Don't judge me! It's natural for me, a girl, to be bottom. Unless, your lesbian, that's a different story.

This is so cute!! These hamsters look like characters from Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi!! > x <


I read this manga where the characters would switch from seme to uke. I think thats pretty interesting.



Title: Neji no Kaiten
Author: Sadahiro Mika
Genres: Comedy, Mature (very), Yaoi, Drama
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: Mature
Status: Completed

Summary: (mangafox.com) Ryu is sleeping with his college professor, but doesn't feel loved, so he decides to kidnap his professor's son, Hayato, out of revenge. As it turns out, Hayato's relationship with his father is not very good, so he winds up living with Ryu.
This manga was interesting but totally cliche. This manga is one great example of a yaoi with no plot. It was ok. The art was ok too. Sadahiro Mika's manga's tend to be a bit dark and very seductive. I didn't mind.


Arigatou~!!

2 comments:

If you have any manga/anime to recommend me, comment! If not, just comment anyways! They are always appreciated!