Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Yaoi Challenge Day 22: Hardcore or Softcore?

///0_0/// EH?!?! Calm down......my brain!

Sigh. I'm in between. I love both ok? Hardcore and Softcore yaoi's can have their weird moments but some rare ones can actually have an amazing storyline. I'll admit I read Hardcore just for the fun of it. (Yes, I'm a perv. Don't judge me!) I read Softcore when I'm in the mood of something cute. Just to clarify, Softcore yaoi is known as, Shonen Ai. Nothing bad happens in Shonen Ai, except for kissing. You know, cute stuff. Take Loveless for example. If you can't handle the hardcore stuff, stick to the Shonen Ai, where nothing beyond kissing happens.


 As for Hardcore.............its the real deal. It sounds just like that. I'm not going into real detail because, I don't want to scar anybody who just happend to stumble upon this post by accident. I have to keep things PG!

Anyways, one Hardcore yaoi that I'll recommend is, Under Ground Hotel. There is extreme scenes (very very extreme "H" scenes!) and I don't know, I became drawn to it. The storyline was twisted. I mean that in a good way. It was a bit different and dark and I liked it. It was utterly interesting that I had to keep reading it until the end. I was quite happy that I found a hardcore yaoi with a strong plotline!


Title: Under Ground Hotel, UGH
Author: Mika Sadahiro (Neji no Kaiten)
Genres: Mature, Yaoi, Romance, Comedy, Drama
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: Mature (very..)
Status: Completed

Summary: (animea.net) Under Grand Hotel is the inmate's name for a prison in the US. Sen is a japanese guy who has been imprisoned after killing his lover's husband. Swordfish is the leader of the prison. Sen needs Swordfish's protection, but can a love story work in a prison?


The storyline is quite dark. There is so much violence and drugs..........I hate to say this but I really thought it was amazing. Its nice to get out of the fantasy world and get to our modern world today. This manga had that kind of feeling. Where you find darkness, there is always some kind of light like love hidden in it. I really admire this mangaka for making such a manga with such an amazing storyline. She pulled it off!

As for the art, meh. Its ok. Not the worst.

Arigatou~!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any manga/anime to recommend me, comment! If not, just comment anyways! They are always appreciated!