Thursday, June 7, 2012

Drama Challenge Day 3: Your Favorite Female Lead Character

I'm sorry!! I had so much stuff happening last night that I forgot about my drama challenge! Other than awards night last night (I won the band award!), I'm pretty guilty of other things.....I was caught up reading a novel that made my heart jump so much. I pretty much read that instead of my
blogging challenge. Luckly, I just schedule my yaoi posts so I didn't have to write them today when I actually wrote them two days ago. I'm glad my friend told me about it. I just love scheduling them! Saves me so much time. I can just do it all at once!


But I never have the time......sigh. By the way, the picture you see above, the manga isn't so bad. We fan girls love to interpet scenes differently. :D


Anyways, don't blame me, if you had sometimg that you loved so much come out to a form that you can save on your computer, you can totally understand my feeling right now. I was reading Sekai-chi Hatsukoi~ Yokozawa Takafumi. This novel is making me so happy right now! :D :D And, its nothing bad. I swear! > x <


Now, I must finish my post about my favorite female lead character!

Too be honest, I have quite a few favorite female characters. I'll just list them if you don't mind! They aren't in order. I'll put links on drama's I've already did recommendations on them. If not, I'll do them right on this post! If a drama catches your eye, please, go and watch the drama!


Let me start out with the character Myung Wol from the Korean Drama, Spy Myung Wol. I believe I haven't done a recommendation (I swear I did! I can't find it...wait, nevermind!!) on this drama so just scroll down.


Link to Drama recommendation: http://chocochan-chibiko.blogspot.ca/2011/11/my-addiction-to-action-and-mystery.html


Anyways, Myung Wol has such a great character. She's a military person. Being trained all her life to be this heartless (not really) and tough. Of course, she hasn't experienced dating or having a boyfriend. I think its really cute and awesome! Sigh. Her fighting moves are soo extremely cool! > x < She is so pretty.......

Han Ye Seul plays Myung Wol from Spy Myung Wol

Gil Rim Im from Secret Garden is also one of my favorite female lead characters. She is so cool! She acts as a stunt double for movies and she can fight and defend herself. She is very nice and quite humble. Plus, she is extremely pretty~! Gil Rim Im is played by Ha Ji-won. Oh! You know what I've noticed? Most of my favorite female lead characters are very atheltic or can fight and defend themselves. I love girls like that! They are so cool!!

Link to Drama Recommendation: http://chocochan-chibiko.blogspot.com/2011/08/hello-august-manga-drama-recommendation.html

Gil Rim Im's work costume! So cool~! >///<

Scene from Secret Garden.

Ha Ji-won also plays Kang Ha-yeong in my most favorite Korean movie of all time, 100 Days with Mr. Arrogant. I know its a movie but I just wanted to throw it out there because well, if any of you are bored and want a great romantic comedy korean movie to watch, 100 Days with Mr. Arrogant is a great movie.

File:100 Days With Mr Arrogant poster.jpg

Title: 100 Days with Mr. Arrogant
Type: Korean Movie
Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Completed 95 minutes

Summary: (Wiki) After being dumped by her boyfriend just before their 100 day anniversary, Ha-Young (Ha Ji-Won) meets a college guy named Hyung-Joon when she kicks a can that accidentally hits him in the face and causes him to scratch his Lexus. He demands she pay him $3000 on the spot. She escapes from him, leaving her wallet behind.


Hyung-Joon stalks her, demanding money to pay for his car. Since she is a poor high school student Hyung-Joon writes up a "Enslavement Agreement" for Ha-Young in order to pay for the damage to his car. Ha-Young is thrown into a nightmarish slave life for 100 days, running his errands, i.e.: cleaning his house, carrying his shopping, and cleaning his car.


By accident she finds out that the damage to Hyung-Joon's car that's only $10! She then takes her revenge. However, before she knows it Hyung-Joon shows up at her house as her new tutor! He once again takes advantage of her, but soon Ha-Young finds herself falling head over heels for Hyung-Joon. But what happens when he drops out of her life just when she needs him most?

The original Korean title can be literally translated as "my love, the asshole," or, more roughly, as "my love, the no-manners".


I really love this movie! Too bad it was short........even though the plot was cliche, I enjoyed it. The actors were so cute and downright funny. It was great!! > x <

One exception (or two) to the action and tough female leads are Go Mi Nam or Go Mi Nyu from You're Beautiful and Lee Kyu Won from Heartstrings. Funny, Go Mi Nam and Lee Kyu Won are played by Park Shin Hye. She does a wonderful job! Go Mi Nam and Lee Kyu Won are both normal characters. However, Go Mi Nam has to cross dress in order to cover her brother. I really love that! Lee Kyu Won has to learns to sing and leave the classical stuff for the rock.........its so cool! I respect them both!!


Lee Kyu Won on the left.

Link to You're Beautiful recommendation: http://chocochan-chibiko.blogspot.ca/2011/04/gender-bender-dramas.html

Link to Heartstings recommendation: http://chocochan-chibiko.blogspot.ca/2011/08/drama-recommendation-heart-strings.html

Since I love Go Mi Nam more than Lee Kyo Won, I'll put a whole bunch of pictures of her! She is just so cute! I love Park Shin Hye's hairstyle for this drama. She pulled it off very well and I'm diggin it! I want that hair cut now.......

Go Mi Nam


I remember this episode! She looked so gorgeous with that wig!

A.N.G.E.L.L band members! Go Mi Nam is the second on the left

I have that plushie!! Well, in a smaller form.......but I love it anyways!

One more thing, Park Shin Hye has such a beautiful voice....

Arigatou~!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any manga/anime to recommend me, comment! If not, just comment anyways! They are always appreciated!